Findings can be added to reports via multiple approaches:
- created from scratch within a report
- migrated from WriteupsDB
- imported via files from other solutions, such as Nessus or Pentera
- imported directly through an integration, such as Snyk or HackerOne
This section explains the steps and explanations for working with findings, including how to create a finding, how to find an existing finding, how to set up an integration, and how to leverage the provided CVSS calculator.
Findings are accessed through multiple paths within PlexTrac, including the following:
Via the Reports module:
- 1.Click Reports from the main menu.
- 2.Select a report.
- 3.Click the Findings tab.
Via the Clients module:
- 1.Click Clients from the main menu.
- 2.Select the client.
- 3.Click the Findings tab.
The number of findings in a report is displayed at the top of the table to the left of the filter boxes.
Findings can be in draft or published mode, and this status is provided visually within the Findings tab. Findings in draft mode have an orange background row color and an orange dot next to the title. Findings that are published have a white background row color with no dot.
The table view for the Findings tab can be customized to display specific fields in a desired sequence on the page.
Step 1: From the Findings tab of a report, click the column view icon to the right of the search bar.
Step 2: Click the six dots at the left of the field title to grab and move the bars up and down to change the sequence that they appear on the page.
Step 3: Remove fields by clicking X at the end or the row of the field to remove. The "Finding Title" and "Actions" columns must always exist, so no "X" appears in their row.
Step 4: Any available fields that not currently presented appears in the "Add Column" pulldown menu. If all fields are currently displayed, this button does not appear.
Click Add Column to see available options and select fields to add to the Findings tab view.
Step 5: Click Save.
PlexTrac provides the ability to reduce the list of findings provided on the Findings tab, which is helpful for reports that have dozens or hundreds of findings across many pages.
- 1.Published or Draft: Allows findings to be filtered by whether the finding was published or is in draft status. It defaults to all findings.
- 2.Status: Allows findings to be filtered by whether they are open, closed, or in progress. It defaults to all findings.
- 3.Sub Status: Allows findings to be filtered by sub status values set by the admin in the Admin Dashboard under Tenant Settings/General Settings. It defaults to all sub statuses.
- 4.Tags: Allows findings to be filtered or searched via specific tag(s) associated with a finding, either by selecting the desired tag(s) from the pulldown menu list or by typing the desired tag(s) directly into the box. An option also exists to display only findings without tags, which exists at the top of the pulldown menu. This option provides a count in parenthesis of how many findings do not have any tags.
- 5.Title Search: Allows findings to be filtered by any value or character that exists in the finding title.