Creating a Client
The "Create New Client" modal allows users to input essential information, such as the client's name, logo, point of contact, client notes, tags, and custom fields.
Users can create a comprehensive profile for each client, enabling efficient data collection, organization, and management within PlexTrac.
Step 1: From the Clients module home page, click New Client.
Step 2: A modal appears with the following fields:
- 1.Client Logo: To visually represent the client, either drag an image or click the designated box to navigate to an image on the computer.
- 2.Client Name (required): Enter the client or project name that will identify this data collection throughout PlexTrac.
- 3.Point of Contact: Enter the name of the resource to contact about the data collection.
- 4.Point of Contact Email: Enter the email address of the resource.
- 5.Client Description/Details: Enter any pertinent information that will help provide context to users.
- 6.Tags: Enter any tags associated with the client (new or existing). Any special characters will be removed, and any spaces will be replaced with an underscore (_).
- 7.Add Custom Field: Enter any additional fields and values needed to enhance the management of the client.
Step 3: Click Submit.
The new client now appears on the Clients module home page.